Thursday, January 15, 2009

Somebody's Watching Me

I got up at 3am this morning. Had a hard time getting comfortable. So at 7am, I try to take a nap. It must be ReyRey's turn to sit with me. I wake up. This is what I see. He's everywhere. He won't stop looking at me. He kinda spooks me lately.
Don't let that innocent look fool you. I can tell he just stole my straw. And dipped his hairy paw in my ice tea. AGAIN. Seriously I think he knows I don't feel well. He's gotten by too many times taking a dipped toe drink from my ice tea while I snooze.

Just when I think he's about to take a nap with me,

his eyes snap open wide.



Why can't he stop looking at me? I think the girls are paying him kitty treats or something. Hopefully he doesn't think the Mongolian Death Worm is in the house.


When he realizes I'm awake, he takes a bath. It's as if he's waiting for an audience. He's male you know. I listen to him slurp.


and slurp...



and slurp...


I'm not going to say it again...



Good grief I'm happy I don't have to take a bath like this.

And I'm certainly happy Rey doesn't have a camera to take a picture of me doing so...

Now look. I'm wide awake and he's ready for a nap. Stinkin cat...

14 comments:

Becky K. said...

He is way, way cute!

Too bad he is in your face but oh, he is sooooo cute!

Hope you are feeling all better soon!

Becca Watson said...

Our Ford, is much the same way. He likes to look over us no matter where we are.. The bathroom, bed, the couch. You name it he's there watching over us, or doing the bathing slurping thing.. I like to think he is our protecter. It makes it less creppy to me..

Pam B said...

Lisa, you crack me up! That is SO life with a cat! LOL

Becca Watson said...

Just me again, Stop on by my blog. I have something for you! ♥

Terri Steffes said...

Maybe you should take a noisy bath now!

Anonymous said...

I think he's trying very hard to be a good little nurse.

Sue said...

I am not a cat person but how can you not love that face....

Justabeachkat said...

Girl...you're hoot!

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

I find cats to be kinda spooky.... guess that's why I'm a dog person. BUT, it just creeps me out when cats stare at me or grab my foot when I walk past a chair or pounce on me when I'm sleeping... dogs just snore and leave you alone.. LOL

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Gayla said...

Aw.... those are amazing pictures. What a sweetheart. My gramma always told me the same thing to make me more gentle around cats because I was so fiercely in love with them: "Be good to that kitty, and he'll let you watch him wash his face." So I always feel blessed if they let me watch... What would I feel if they let me photograph it? Hope you feel better soon.

Shannon said...

That is too funny! Mine does the same thing, but if I don't wake up she will tickle me with her whiskers! He is just too cute! How could you not pet him constantly!

Anonymous said...

Cute! Hope you are feeling better!

Unknown said...

Too funny! You were taking pics when you should have been napping.
It's because that cat is being held prisoner! He wants his freedom! Dogs don't think like that...well most of them don't.
Hope you sleep better tonight.
I feel so good now that I've been here.....

CatHerder said...

HEE HEE! I wake up EVERY MORNING before 5 am, with FIVE cats staring me in the face waiting for breakfast..then the herd thunders down the stairs into the livingroom to my husband as if to say "yeah dad, we got her up"!!! Your kitty is so cute!