Sunday, January 18, 2009

Emails

I receive emails from people all the time. My rule of thumb is, if I have to scroll down more than twice I hit the delete button. Sorry I get bored. I never tell them that in a reply. (Unlike some of you who send me NOTICES that I am incorrect about things. That's okay I'm not perfect and if it makes you feel more complete to put me in my place, then feel free to make yourself feel better.) I silently, secretly hit delete. No feelings are hurt, unless asked point blank know one usually knows.

On to the real post. (Pam at Antique or Not got me started with all this wordiness this morning!) Not to offend anyone. If everyone believes in God I don't really care what religion you follow, but I found the following email very cute. I got it this morning from my dear friend Margaret:


A Good Catholic Story
A little boy got on the bus, sat next to a man reading a book and noticed he had his collar on backwards.
The little boy asked why he wore his collar backwards.
The man, who was a priest, said "I am a Father."
The little boy replied, "My Dad doesn't wear his collar like that."
The priest looked up from his book and answered, "I am the Father of many."
The boy said, "My Dad has 4 boys, 4 girls and two grandchildren and he doesn't wear his collar that way."
The priest, getting impatient, said, "I am the Father of hundreds" and went back to reading his book.
The little boy sat quietly thinking for a while, then leaned over and said, "Maybe you should use a condom and wear your pants backwards instead of your collar!"

What a hoot! I think there are a lot of men out there that should be wearing their collars backwards!!!!!!!! (Oops, actually I meant to say wear their PANTS backwards, not collars.)

4 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

This is exactly why I love working with kids... they say whatever is on their minds! Cute!

Really?? People email you to tell you that you are wrong about something? No kidding? Good grief!

Justabeachkat said...

Hmmmm...it sounds like there are some people who need to be deleted from your address book and/or blocked from e-mailing you. Not nice.

Cute joke. Kids do say the darnest things.

Hugs!
Kat

Farmchick said...

People....sometimes they are hard to understand!!!

Love the joke...too funny! Hope you have a great day!

Sue said...

I needed a laugh today...thank you for providing one....that was very very cute.