Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Honest Scrap

Becca has presented me with an Honest Scrap Award. It comes with a deal. Keep reading I DARE YA!


I've been tagged. Oh dear, have I been tagged. I wasn't sure I wanted to do this one, but said I would. (I have Becca at I'm Me What More Do You Want to thank for all this!!)

The rules for the Honest Scrap award: A) first list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!B) pass the award on to 7 bloggers whom you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.

I think the kicker from this whole post is where it state, "and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep". I'm digging deep baby. I'm not sure what you want to hear, but here it goes:

1. My first crush happened when I was in the second grade. From my desk I could see the 5th grade classroom. More importantly, a cute boy named Neal. He was blonde with blue eyes. My insides would melt when Mrs. Shreves would leave the door open. I had a crush on Neal for 3 years. Then I didn't. It ended. When Neal was a senior in high school he asked me to sign his yearbook (I was only freshman). I so bad wanted to tell this story, but didn't. Now I wish I had. But I was elated that he asked me to sign his yearbook. (Keep in mind I'm from a very, very small town of less than 700.)

2. Neal was my first crush. George Brett, third baseman for the Kansas City Royals was my first love. He's the reason why I quit daydreaming about Neal. I loved George up until, hmm, let me get ter thinkin'. Well, I still love George. I went to college near Kansas City. It was nothing for me and my friend Denise to show up at a Royals game hoping for me to get an autograph. Needless to say, George had a private exit away from all nuts hanging out where me and my respectful friend Denise posted ourselves every Friday game night. Or Monday game night, Tuesday game night, you get it... Denise and I waited to get into the GA section when I spotted the number 5 sitting on a golf cart. I turned to stone. I couldn't move. I couldn't speak. He was only a few feet away from us. Denise had to scream at me to get me to come to life. It wasn't just a number 5, it was like a 52 or something. Goodness, I was soooooo close....

3. The hubby and I started dating in April, 1999. That summer we went to Kansas City to a huge mall. Guess who happened to be there that day? Guess who almost passed out when she caught sight of George and all of his glory? I don't really remember much other than my future hubby said, "DON'T EVER HIT ME AGAIN!!" I had no idea I hit him on the back when I saw George. I think it was my attempt at trying to take the boyfriend out in case George was single. It didn't take him out and George wasn't single.

4. I wanted to be a clothing designer. I didn't feel like I fit in with that crowd. Truth hurts, but I'm not talented in that way. So I started hanging out with people who wanted to pack heat. I'll end it there.

5. My first dog's name was Beezer. I thought it was the same sound locusts made in the evening when I would go out to play. The noise was deafening yet thrilling to my 3 year old self. I may have been 4, but I doubt it.

6. When I was a real little, my dad had a convertible. The first dream I can absolutely remember is I fell asleep in the back seat of that convertible. I was alone and the convertible took off flying over the small town where we lived. The dream seemed to last forever and it scared me. I had to be terribly young when I had this dream. I would LOVE to own my own convertible today. TODAY!!

7. 5 years ago I had the hives for a painful 6 months. My head swelled up like the elephant man's. I had them inside and out. I felt like I was getting stung by industrial, war sized wasps from the inside. The future hubby should have ran then. Good ole Dr. DeSpain said it would be a fluke if we could find the culprit. Thankfully a biopsied spot on my leg got infected. He started giving me antibiotics and the hives started to disappear. Dr. D believed it could have been a severe sinus infection. All other tests were negative. (I'm silently knocking on wood.)

8. Most days I really dislike myself. I think I could be so much of a better person. Then I look around at others and wonder "what in the hell am I thinking? I'm not THAT bad surly."

9. One day in July a couple of years ago, I had a monster of a headache. I had it for 2 days. Sunday and through Monday. I left work to get my neck popped at 9am. After the dr was done I was so disappointed that I still had this killer headache. (Normally when I get my neck popped, my headache disappears.) On my short ride back to work I had a really strange experience. I felt as though I was on the outside looking at myself inside my car. It was as if I had a parallel life or something. It lasted for several minutes and it spooked me. When I got to work I told my boss I had to go home and shared with her my experience. I know she thought I was a fruitcake and told me to go. She knew the headache was bad. I wasn't certain I should drive home, but I did. Thankfully, the experience did not continue. After I got home, a friend came by to let me know my father had passed away. I truly believe that was a part of my dad leaving me that day. There was just too much coincidence in the time and energy taking place.

10. I have been an insulin dependent diabetic for 32 years. 30 years is amazing. Anything beyond that is a gift.

This is more corny than interesting. So I DARE anyone else to take their turn and post 10 honest things about themselves. I DOUBLE DOG DARE YA!!!!

6 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

Wow.

I have had an experience where I felt I was sitting beside myself watching me. It happened when my dad passed away at the Pioneer Health Center in Marceline.

I have George Brett's autograph. He gave it to me in 1977 when I was on my honeymoon!

Becky K. said...

That was an interesting list.

Congrats on beating the numbers with diabetes. I am very familiar with the disease. My Dad was diabetic most of my growing up years. You go girl! Beat it! Beat it! Beat it!

Are you going to have to be very jealous of Terri? I have to say she was bold to tell you about her autograph success! LOL

Blessings on this day!

Anonymous said...

I had a strange experience when my dad died too. I enjoyed reading your post but I'm not gonna do it :>) I hope you have a great evening.

tam said...

WoW amzing post-I really enjoyed that Lisa! I too have had some interesting experiences when loosing someone dear to me. Especially when I lost my Grammy who raised me-but I won't go into that now.
In fact I just plain have had some freakin crazy stuff happen in my life-maybe someday I will take ya up on that dare-LOL!
Life can be so wonderful and so not sometimes! Crazy huh? Hope you have a terrific Thursday girl!~Smiles~Tam!

Sue said...

On an odd note...please be careful when getting your neck popped. I had therapy on my neck for years and years....three years ago after complaining for months and months that I had an ear ache and vertigo, you know when the room actually looks like it's spinning, I had a small stroke where I couldn't speak. I was in the middle of placing an order at the local Chick-fil-A so it was very weird...after an ultrasound of my neck they saw that an artery was torn..very dangerous,I was sent immediatly to the ER....they are pretty certain that it was torn from having my neck worked on...they take this very seriously up in Canada, not so much here...I have an article on it if you would like me to send it to you, just e-mail me.
sueadivari@bellsouth.net

Becca Watson said...

I'm so so sorry. I did see that you made this post and I honestly thought I left a comment. It must of been one of the days my computer was acting all wonky. I'm sorry.

I'm proud of you for completing this post! I know I had a hard time coming up with all 10 things..