Sunday, January 18, 2009

I'm Obsessed With this Animal

Since I've been off this week, I've become totally obsessed with my friend Reynaldo. Maybe you could say we really bonded this week. He was not really a lovercat before. Now, he's kind of a lovercat. Reynaldo follows me everywhere. He makes me think about Cleopatra and her love of cats. They have a keen sense of whatever. They just know whatever. They never get too excited about whatever. They are a little sneaky for whatever. They are a little vindictive for whatever. They are mystical and mesmerizing for whatever...



It just wasn't sunny enough today for him to enjoy the sunshine through the window. He didn't stay here long today.

I used to work with a guy that had a nose like this. Only I thought he looked like an ostrich, not a cat.
Look at that face. That's amore. I know he loves me. If I'm on the computer too long, he lays down between the keyboard and monitor. Sometimes he just takes a little catnap while he sits and waits.

Tonight he chewed on the button on my pants. Weird?



Reynaldo can hang upside down. He loves it. Especially if the dogs run by. He's just so laid back. I have no idea where he gets it. He must have learned it from the hubby.

My aunt used to say when you take a picture of someone and they don't look at the camera, that means they are crazy. Rey has a tendency to miss the camera head on. Is he crazy?

This is Rey after too much Tuna Juice. Sleeps like a baby.
Cats are wondrous. How can a little 7-8 pound cat sound like a bunch of wild mustangs running through the house? Yet, at 2am, I never feel him jump on the bed and sneak to lay down beside me.
Cats are wondrous. Tomorrow I may be singing a different tune when he steals my straw from my ice tea. Or when he locks himself in the spare bedroom like he does almost everyday.
Cats, they are wondrous...

only Kia doesn't think so...

7 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

Save all these cat posts... they would make a great book!! I am serious, your cat writings are awesome.

Becca Watson said...

Very sweet! You have a very pretty kitty!

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Orange kitties have always been my favorites! What a cutie he is!

Justabeachkat said...

Cute kitty and cute post.

Hugs!
Kat

Ms. ~K said...

Beautiful kitty...
I can hear his happy motor running...give him a nose-tap for me...
K

Pam B said...

Lisa, those are such great pictures of Rey-Rey! He loves to pose, doesn't he? LOL

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Rey is sooo cute! I love cats' personalities - kind of mysterious but always loving. Great photos of your baby!! Kia is a cutie pie, too!