Sunday, May 31, 2009

Kimmswick the Tour

The small Village of Kimmswick had a wonderful Memorial Day Celebration to honor the Vets. There were all kinds of veteran present displaying their military vehicles, garb and living quarters.
Pretty nifty little ride!

This is a Half Track. Emily asked if he would give us a ride. So we climbed in for a zip around the block.

All 8 of us fit no problem. It was even a smoother ride than I would have ever thought.

This gentleman proudly showed us a picture of his dad during the Korean War. He was able to bring home his dog that is shown in the picture. Unfortunately I've forgotten the dog's name. His dad had the dog for 13 years, the dog was 17 years old when he died.



Not only are there wonderful old homes, there are very cute little shops of various kinds.



I passed up an ankle bracelet in this shop. Maybe I was too taken by this pink bicycle.

We toured this fancy log home.
An herb garden in front of the home.





Do you know what this is? We all had no idea at all....

It's a rope tightener used to tighten the ropes under beds. Assuming maybe only the wealthier people had rope beds???? I'd never seen this until a week ago.


Like I said, really cute shops...


Who's this guy? I bet he's missing a Cardinals game about now...

I didn't get a picture of this particular store, but hands down, it was everyone's favorite. Including the two lucky men folk in our group.


You walk out the back door into heaven on earth. No kidding!

Isn't it awesome? We all just wanted to sit down and make ourselves at home. Incredible...


No doubt Abby and I were thinking the same thing...lets just buy this place and stay here forever!


Hubby loved this. We have the perfect tree to attempt to do this ourselves. Now just to find an old window...




Then there was a Christmas store. A very warm Christmas store.



Here's that guy again. I bet he'd crap if he knew how many times he's on my blog!! What he doesn't know...


One of my favorite pictures from the day. This railroad bridge sits right beside a very old wooden bridge from the late 1800s. I guess I should've posted it's picture too huh? I just liked this one better.
This ends our tour of Kimmswick. We can't wait to go back hopefully very soon....

8 comments:

Michelle said...

That is the sweetest little town!! Oh and I love that pink bicycle. What girl wouldn't! :) Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a great little outing. I would love to tour that town. I like so many things about it. Yes, the pink bicycle would be a keeper for me. I also liked that bird cage and what they did with that old window. It would be fun to take a ride in that truck too.

Terri Steffes said...

Love your photos! I like the bridge picture, too. I have heard of rope beds, I think it was an invention of necessity... rope could be made at home and it saved wood. You could make four times as many beds if you used rope as the main thing to hold up the mattress. What I want to know is... what happened when it broke?

Brenda Eason said...

That trip was right up my alley. Id just move in the cabin. Ohhh and did I see a few bunnies that my little lobley bunny man needs? hehe

Anonymous said...

Definitely my kind of shops. I would have been in heaven there and I'm sure you were.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Helen said...

You are wonderful and I love your attitude .... thanks bunches. George Brett ~ here we come!

Flat Creek Farm said...

Hi there! So cool to find another MO blogger (at least I think you're MO). Where is Kimmswick? It's one place we've never visited, but it definitely looks like my kinda spot! Great tour, and I enjoyed my visit to your blog! -Tammy

Becca Watson said...

Sounds like a neat little town.. Love all the shops. I just might have to steal the window tree hanging planter idea as well..