Friday, May 1, 2009

Oh How I Miss Her

Tonight during our ride home, hubby was telling me about a conversation he had with an offender today at work. The offender wanted to speak to the assistant warden. Hubby told him who it was and the offender said, "she's real tall." "No" hubby replies, "that's not her." The offender went on, "I think I know who she is, she's tall, about 6ft, and looks like Brooke Shields". I'm listening, at first I thought I knew what he was going to say then I got lost at the Brooke Shields part. Hubby said, "he was talking about you." "What?" "What is wrong with him?" I ask. Hubby replies, "I do not know." He then went on to tell the offender I was his wife and I was not the assistant warden. The guy then knew hubby must be right and listened to what he had to say. Never in my life has anyone said I look like Brook Shields. Now, keep in mind, this offender was here over ten years ago when I was many pounds lighter than I am now.

But even at that, I NEVER EVER looked like Brooke Shields. We had a good laugh about that on the way home. Then I remembered another lookalike story I reminded the hubby about. I had forgotten this one until recently when a different offender returned to our facility. I met him on the walk. He asked me about hubby and congratulated me on my marriage. Then he told me something silly to tell hubby. After this brief exchange I started to walk away and he said, "Bye Xena!" I turned to say adios but got confused. When I saw his face, he was grinning. Then I remembered. He was one of many offenders who told me many years ago that I looked just like Xena the Princess Warrior. In fact I think he started it all. I had numerous offenders telling me I looked like her.
Offenders say obnoxious things all the time, so I wasn't offended. However, my co-workers began checking Xena out on TV. They agreed. I looked like Xena, the Princess Warrior. So I HAD to check her out. I wasn't entirely pleased. But I had to admit, even I thought I looked like Xena the Princess Warrior. (At the time, hubby, who wasn't even thought about as a prospective futuristic date, thought I looked like Xena.)

I was dating a man who even agreed. I looked like Xena the Princess Warrior.

The funny thing? She's definitely not one I would pick to be a twin. Insanely, I think somehow, some way, we are kindred spirits. Me and Xena that is...
Especially when I see the next picture. Eerily, it really, literally, screams ME all over (only without the long hair). Even I have to admit...


ten years ago I looked like this...Xena the Princess Warrior.
Oh how I miss her.





8 comments:

Becky K. said...

Many, many years ago I was mistaken for Debby Boone. That would never happen today!

Have a great day Xena/Brooke!

akawest said...

Trade famous person look alikes with me! I have been told I look like Rhea Perelman, again and again.You are not supposed to tell someone they look like someone who isn't a great beauty. Brooke Sheilds, yes. Rhea, no.

Domestic Designer said...

Wow! I am impressed. I used to be told I looked like Kate Jackson....probably not so much now. She has gotten so much older!LOL You should laugh at this point.:-) Have a great day!

Gayla said...

all of them are wrong. Heins always says you look like Annabeth Gish from mystic pizza...... I think you are beautiful.... and never forget that laugh!!! like a beautiful bell.... hugs

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

This post is a hoot, Lisa!! Thanks so much for brightening a worrisome Sunday morning!!

Anonymous said...

We see ourselves in certain ways and so do others. I enjoyed reading your post. I hope you have a great day ♥

Becca Watson said...

Stop on by my blog, you got tagged!

Rue said...

Hi Lisa :)

Someone told me I looked like Xena too, but I think it was because I had long hair. I was asked a couple of times for my autograph cuz they thought I was Demi, back when I was skinny... long long ago LOL

At least no one told you something awful! My mom was told she looked like Kate Jackson and she about died LOLOL

Have a great week Xena ;)

rue