Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Weekend Pt. 1

Okay, so I didn't really tell Aunt Debbie I wouldn't put this on my blog. She just told me not to show her white legs. So I didn't. Yet. We started our extra long weekend going to a ballgame. A trip to St. Louis would not be complete, according to hubby, without seeing the Cardinals play.
He'll love me for this one. He wasn't drunk, but he looks like he might be...really, he hadn't had a Budweiser yet.

A cute young fan sitting by Aunt Debbie.
See the scoreboard? During the 4th inning they start running birthdays, anniversaries, messages, you name it. Mom's name reflecting her 60th birthday ran a few times. I tried to videotape it while it ran, but since it went on a little long I stopped. Fortunately, hubby noticed they put it up on the big screen a little later, so I got that one! Just a little extra fluff for mom's birthday.

I like how they used 3 exclamation points for her!!! Cardinals beat the Royals on Saturday. It was a beautiful day. Aunt Debbie took us on a tour of St. Louis. Then she even found mom a place to retire and live. I'm not sure mom was convinced, but she had fun!
Our days were loaded with the game, a trip to Kimmswick, the Gypsy Caravan and shopping. Oh, and eating. I'll explain more about that on my post about Kimmswick. If you love Paula Deen and her son's Road Tasted Show, you'll like my post about Kimmswick!

3 comments:

Brenda Eason said...

Looks like a great time. Never been to a game like this,but I love excitement.

Helen said...

My idea of the perfect weekend! My sister tells me it is quite humid and hot right now .... glad to be here in Central Oregon where the low's are in the 40's and the highs are in the 70's ... with humidity under 35%!

Domestic Designer said...

Looks like fun, fun, fun!