Wednesday, May 13, 2009


So far so good. Almost like a psych out. Poor Kirksville. I pray for those people. I hate seeing tornado activity anywhere, but when it's this close with so many sitings from different areas, it's scary as heck. Now it's just raining here.

On the radio coming home from work they were describing the tornado that was headed toward Kirksville. 1/4 to 1/2 mile wide. WHAT? I can't fathom that. I'm not good with measurements and I thought a tornado was a tornado. Fortunately when it touched down it "took a narrow path". From the looks of the TV, that must have been some path.

Sorry I'm so freaked out. It's therapuetic to keep busy. I hate bad weather like this. At least in lots of snow, I feel safe. Tornados are unpredictable. Tornados are evil.

It's so hot and humid. Even the rain has not dimished the heat.

7 comments:

Pat said...

We only get the STL stations here at the lake on satellite. It started raining just a little bit ago about 8pm. I've been watching the weather bug on the computer. Had no idea about Kirksville!!!!

We knew we were to have some storms this evening. Perhaps hail.

Becky K. said...

I am so not good with bad weather...We don't get tons of tornados but we do get them sometimes. Scares the daylights out of me!

Sue said...

Nothing is worse then that tornado siren...I hope all will be allright and the fact that your on the computer reading blogs is encouraging!! We live in a big tornado area and it does scare the heck out of you...We have seen first hand how they can pick a house up right off it's foundation and throw it back down....Stay inside and stay safe...

Terri Steffes said...

We didn't have such bad weather as predicted. We did NOT get baseball sized hail, we didn't get 70 mile an hour winds either!

Catty Wampus said...

We have ferocious winds for the past two days! Murphy says you stay safe; he said he'll have to come over there and whoop that ole tornado if it messes with his friend Lisa!! And woo he means it! I think his sister Piz is the one to send out to whoop a tornado as we call her the bulldog hurricane; she is tough as nails and ornery!LOL! But Murphy says he can handle it. He says please stay safe and hopes you have a weather radio that goes on automatically when something bad is happening in your area. We got one after that tornado snuck up and killed those people while they slept in Tenn. a while ago. It is a pain when it wakes you up, but it can save your life. We will be watching out for ya!!!

Laura said...

Wow-
How scary. I hope it all goes away.

Laura

whitespraypaint.blogspot.com

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Tornados are so unpredictible... be safe!