Saturday, July 12, 2008

7 Songs

Rue at over at Rue's Peanutbutter and Jelly Life had a tag she posted for anyone to play along. I thought it sounded like fun. THAT is until I had to narrow things down to "7". Wow. Here's the rules:

"List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now, shaping you summer. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see whay they're listening to."

Instead of tagging seven people she just asked for anyone to play along. So here it goes. I didn't really stick to the "this summer" rule. I like a lot of hard rocknroll and did not want to offend anyone. But I did add a few extra to my playlist in case you're curious.

The first one I heard last week in the car while I was listening to the radio. (Darn the luck, Itunes does not carry Kid Rock.) I love his take on Sweet Home Alabama called "All Summer Long". I day dream Kid is singing about me in 1988!!

Second is a song from the soundtrack to "Hope Floats". I heard it just 10 years ago when 2 friends and I went to see this movie. I think it relates so well to the beginning of a new relationship, "Chances Are" by Martina McBride and Bob Seger. Who would've ever thought to put these two talents together.

Third, "You Save Me". Kenny Chesney just nows how to sing about life. I love Kenny, I don't care what anyone says about him.

Fourth, "Cherry Bomb". This song, by John Cougar Mellencamp, always takes me back to my "growing up years" in my hometown of Bevier.

The fifth song is by Queen. I had never heard it until this Christmas. "One Year of Love". The hubby was listening to a greatest hits album and this was on there. Somewhere between very beautiful and very sad. God bless Freddy Mercury!! There will never ever be another you!!

The sixth song is "Hound Dog" by Elvis. Come on it's Elvis. Elvis was in my family before I was ever born. Plus, this song reminds me of summer because my friend Dodie got called on stage to sing this with a nashville performer during the Bevier Homecoming about 15 years ago. Her best friend confided in me, "I was so happy she knew all the words!" I laughed to myself because there really aren't that many words to remember. Dodie was in her element, oh if I could turn back time.

The final song is a little freaky to say the least, but I love it. It's called "I Kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry. This one along with ole Kid Rock round out my summer!

All of these and more are on my Ipod. Can't go anywhere, but work, without it!!!

Just a side note, I would've been the perfect candidate to go on American Bandstand. Remember that show? We watched it every Saturday. Remember when they'd have to rate a song and it was always the same answers, "it's got a good beat" and "I can dance to it". That's how I judge every song before I even hear the words. Seldom do I listen to words the first time around. If it makes any part of my body move, it's got to be good. I don't really have to hear the words. (Unless your Brad Paisley, his words crack me up, like "Ticks".)

That's my list. Let me know if you play along, I'd love to see your list too!!

4 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Hi there! My Mom and Aunt left this morning so I'm having fun catching up with everyone...finally!

Thanks for your sweet comment tonight.

I love love love Kenny Chesney too.

Hugs!
Kat

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Hi Lisa! Thanks for visiting my blog! Guess what? I saw your blog on a list and took a peak earlier today! What a coinicidence! We must be from the same generation, bcause I also watched American Bandstand as a kid. Sometimes I wish I could turn back the hands of time too. When you are young, you never think about missing certain things after you are grown. I guess we don't realize how much change will happen. I am going to add you to my blog list. Have a nice evening!

PAT said...

Hi Lisa

I'm catching up with your posts I missed while we were at the lake. You have some wonderful photos of STL!

I'm celebrating my 200th post with a giveaway. Come on by and sign up!

Have a great week!
Pat

Rue said...

I love that Kid Rock song!! Actually I like all your pics. The only one I have issue with is I kissed a girl because my daughter and her friends sing it.... yikes! I'm officially old aren't I? LOL

hugs,
rue