Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Birthday America!!

Happy 4th of July Everyone!! The hubby and I made a quick trip to St. Louis to celebrate our wedding anniversary and the 4th (No, our anniversary is not on the 4th, it was last Saturday the 28th, but because of a scheduled garage sale and golf, we postponed it until the 3rd, LOL). Anyway, the deal was, the hubby wanted to see the Cards and I wanted to see the VP Parade downtown. He found a deal to get tickets and away we went. Unfortunatley, we did not get to see the Cardinals beat the Mets. Nor did we get to see Albert Pujols get to hit his 300th homerun, but we still had a great, rainy night at the game. I'll post more about that later.

This morning, after a long, I mean LONG night downtown, we got up a few hours later to see the parade. Here's the tolerant hubby, perched for the morning probably wondering why he didn't get to eat breakfast. Notice the St. Louis Cardinal Hawaiian shirt he is wearing. I think it will be a new favorite. He left his sunglasses in the car, so my guess is, he didn't really see me snap this pic. I was perched down from him for a better view of the parade. He was patient, as always. Oh, I forgot to mention, his tennis shoes even have the St. Louis Cards emblem. I think he must be in a gang or something.
I'll just show you a few patriotic type pics for now. The parade was 2 hours long and quite entertaining. The weather couldn't have been better.

I saved the following picture for last. It's my favorite of the whole day (other than a closeup I took of a clown). From where I was sitting, I could see the Arch with the flag waving proudly in the breeze. America the Beautiful!!

2 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

I have always wanted to see the VIP parade! We stayed in JC and watched their meager fireworks. Rumor has it that the Ford dealership who usually does them did not want to do them this year and so only did a so so job. Well, the rumor might not be true but the fireworks were ho hum. Any way, glad your weekend was so good!

Farmchick said...

Hi-
Just thought I would stop by today. Not quite sure what the first two comments were that you posted because I only received two! Have a great day!