Sunday, July 27, 2008

Chocolate and Peanut Butter?

This morning I actually baked the hubby some cookies. His favorite. Actually, they have to be his favorite because they are the only cookies I can bake. They are Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies. I'd like for him to hang some new curtain rods for me. Around here you have to give a little to get a little!


Here are just some of the ingredients. (See the white plastic mixing bowl? I don't think I can part with it. My cousin Bonnie gave me this set of mixing bowls when I got married the first time. It used to have a rubber gripper on the bottom. Plus all the bowls have these handy dandy lids.)

This recipe calls for quite a bit of cocoa. I prefer to use Hershey's, it seems to be a little stronger and works well.

I'm relieved when I get here. I can add the peanut butter chips and I'm almost home!

To stir this big gooey mess, I like to use a big wooden spoon. I love my wooden spoons!


This batch is big. I think I can usually get 4-5 dozen cookies out of it. Of course it all depends on how big you like 'em! I'm tired of baking by the time I'm done.

Don't they look yummy?

If you like the taste of a chewy, moist brownie with a little peanut butter, then this one is for you!! The recipe is on the back of the PB chips package.

5 comments:

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

OMGosh! YUMMY! Are you going to share? :)

Did you get your shelves hung after your hubby got his tasty treat?

Black Sheep Lisa said...

Hey thanks for visiting my blog.
oh yummy cookies! I love reece cups, I will have to try those!
Blessings

Farmchick said...

They look yummy! The question is how many did YOU eat!?! ha
Have a great day.

KATHY OF SWEETHOME GARDENS said...

Your cookies look yummy...would love to have the recipe.
Come over for a visit sometime.
Kathy

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Oh Yummy Lisa!!!! I am going to have to make these for the grandchildren! Thanks for the recipe!!!!

Hugs,
Maryjane