Sunday, April 20, 2008

A Sunday of Blooms

We took a look around a local hardware store to find they had a new shipment of flowers, plants and trees. I really like this crooked mulberry tree. At least I believe that is what it is, a Chinese or Japanese Mulberry?
I absolutely LOVE these beauties. They are Martha Washington Geraniums. She would be so proud. I want them, but they need a little shade. So I will admire them from afar.
These are an all time favorite. I threaten every year to buy a couple to plant at the back of my house. I really may just do that this year. Only I think I want the red ones.

I found this one rather interesting. I wish I would have looked at it's name. It reminds me of one of those kaleidoscope type images. Wouldn't this be pretty in yellow? Then it would remind me of the sun. Would you look at this guy. I told him he needed to keep his eye on the road. He might get a ticket, he's not wearing his seatbelt! Apparently his mom was shopping for flowers, so maybe he took it off when he turned off the engine?


My daffodils finally bloomed on Friday. I snapped this after we returned home this afternoon, not thinking the picture would look like this. I love it.

3 comments:

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Isn't it great fun to go and look at flowers!? That crooked plant is very interesting indeed! I think my favorite is the purple caleidoscope (sp?) one. That dog is too dern cute!!!

Becky :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming by. the flowers are beautiful. I need to fine time to get some flowers planted bad. Hubby has made a new bed for me. We also have to get pine straw for our beds.TIME is what I need,but off to work this morning.

SnipSnipChick said...

Lisa, thanks for coming by. I love your place too.
I really love that crooked little tree too,infact I may have to look for one just like it.
I'll come back to visit you often, my new blogging friend!!