Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Lemony Layer Dessert

It's time for The House in the Roses' Dessert Carnival. Since no tickets are needed for todays rides, hop aboard and be prepared to be tempted by some tasty treats!! I can't wait to see all the tantalizing carnival attractions today. If you want to see more, take your cotton candy and get in line at The House in the Roses!! Have fun, oh, don't eat too much!!!


It's perfect for summer. If you like lemon this may do the trick. It's cool, light and sweet! Plus you can make it sugar-free too!


Lemon Layer Dessert



1 cup all-purpose flour

1 stick butter or margarine

1/2 cup chopped pecans

2 T. granulated sugar

1 (8oz) pkg. cream cheese

1 (8oz) Cool Whip

1 Cup powdered sugar

1 tsp. vanilla extract

1 (6oz) pkg. lemon instant pudding mix

2 Cups milk minus 2 Tablespoons

Melt butter; add flour, nuts and sugar. Press into a 9x13x2 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 Degrees for 15 minutes. Let cool.

Mix together cream cheese, 1 cup Cool Whip, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Spoon over cooled crust.

Make the pudding according to package directions. Spread over cream cheese. Top with remaining Cool Whip. If you have a few extra pecan pieces, sprinkle over top of Cool Whip.


**I make mine sugar-free using Splenda, sugar-free pudding, and sugar-free Cool Whip. However, I also like to taste the pudding and use 2 pkgs instead of 1. If you decide to do this, just be sure to have enough milk on hand.

***Also, you can use chocolate, butterscotch, whatever tickles your taste buds.

Don't forget to head on over to Cielo's The House in the Roses, see ya there!
















7 comments:

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Looks great ....mind if I have a slice? LOL I love all teh bright colors in your photo too...very cheery.

Susie Q said...

I had to pop in and tell you that this looks wonderful!! I have already copied it for use this Summer. I was late to get mine in to Cielo so have posted it on my blog! Wasn't the Carnival fun?

Hugs,
Sue

The Vintage Vagablonde said...

Love your fun dessert post. I will have to try this recipe.....my hubby loves lemon :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much. your dessert looks great and the plate is cute too.

Carole Burant said...

Now that is my kind of dessert:-) I just love anything with lemon. I will definitely be making this during the summer, it sounds like it would be a perfect dessert on a hot summer day. Thank you so much for sharing your dessert with us today:-) xo

a woman who is said...

mmm I love lemon desserts. Thanks for sharing.

Gayla said...

yUM! I didn't get my dessert made.. booo... just have to eat yours.. Your photo is so cheerful... Love those plates! haha...