Saturday, August 16, 2008

Mom's Makin' Decisions

Time for a bathroom makeover for my mom. She's been trying to get, well we'll call him "Mike" to redo her bathroom. It's taken "Mike" well over a year to come and do it. She gave up and now has another man, who really wants to work, on the hook for this major renovation. I will post before and after pictures of her 70-ish-chich guest bath. She picked out her goods today. It was fun to go in the store she found. So of course I had to take the camera and do some snapshots of the awesome Kitchen & Bath Storeroom.

First, just a couple of shots of the bath ideas.
I guess since mom didn't get her tub here, I didn't pay too much attention to them. They had some very contemporary shower stalls and tubs. I spent more time in the kitchen area. It was too dreamy. Much dreamier than the bathroom area. Take a look. (Notice the faucet below. I love it!)

I would love to have an oven or two in the wall instead of under my range. I'm going to have to start playing the lottery!!Mom and I both fell for this one. It's a raw cherry. What I love most is the matching refrigerator. I love the consistency of a wood grain frig. This one I love too. Or maybe it's just the rooster. I would sure take it if someone wanted to give it to me!! Actually I would be so overwhelmed if I had to do a new kitchen. There are so many fabulous ideas now. I prefer the darker woods, that much I know. Here's the co-host of today's show. Ella. I wasn't expecting her to greet us at the door when we arrived. Sweet, friendly little-big girl who just had puppies 12 weeks ago. I tried to get mom to take one of them too, but she refused.Ella has the run of the place and is super friendly to everyone walking in the door. Her mom said she's great with kids who tend to find the store "very boring". Imagine...

7 comments:

Farmchick said...

Just stopping by to say hi! Everything looks just beautiful! I haven't seen you around lately.

Hugs~

April said...

So many great ideas! I loved them all!

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

What a fun day! I love to window shop too! LOL! I hope the bathroom reno turns out great for your Mom.

KATHY OF SWEETHOME GARDENS said...

It really is so exciting to go shopping and making changes in rooms....the only problem I have when plans are in the making and decisions are made....I just want it done yesterday...
Blessings,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa
This looks like a neat store and I love Ella!

Looking forward to your Mom's bath redo. We want to get a little work done at the lake...sure hope we can find someone to do it!

Terri Steffes said...

Cool stuff. Love the ideas, and I loved the rooster, too! Keep us posted!

Susie Q said...

Well, I love Ella!! My next door neighbor has a *grand-dog* named Ella and she is a sweetie too!
I enjoyed all the looking too. I so want new counters, floor tile and a backsplash in my kitchen evetually.

Love,
Sue