Monday, August 11, 2008

Ideas Anyone?

I'm feeling a bit creative and a bit frustrated. I have an area of wall space that I cannot figure out what to do with it. Here it is:
We had this room painted last year. I was gone to a conference or I would've changed the top color. It was suppose to be a creamier color that matched the bottom well. When I got home, everything was done and I just figured I could live with it until I couldn't then I would change it. I feel like it's almost time to change the color. I do like the bottom color real well. However, I hate this little space between my two sets of windows. I'm a star collector. I love to find different shapes and sizes, preferably not the rusty stuff. The clock doesn't have to stay, I can always move it. Out of habit since I 've lived here, the clock has been in this exact spot. Then angel below was found in Hiawatha, Kansas when my dad worked there. I'd like to keep her somewhere within this area. I can picture a large saltbox house picture here. Not sure if that really suits me or not though. I am looking for a small lamp to add to the table. I think I want something in the large colored hurricane style. I would love to have a red one if I could find it.
I have these guys hanging just around the corner from the clock. I love how they look in this little corner. My thought was to modify their size and cut something out with my saw. I'm not loving the idea, but it's an idea.

I do have other ones I can re-create. I haven't had that old saw out for quite sometime, but I'm in the mood to use it.

I think since the weather seems to be changing and it feels more like late summer, I'm in the mood to decorate for fall. I'm holding onto my horses though, it's a bit too early.

Any ideas from you primitive crafty ladies will be much appreciated!!

11 comments:

simple~needs said...

i am thinking maybe a bigger wood star and hang the angel either above the star or so the angel fits on top of the star.
a small lamp would be cute on the table so that it shines up to highlight whatever you put on the wall.
or how about an old window frame?
or a bowl rack?

Terri Steffes said...

Can't help you with the prim stuff, but I like your look!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I do like both the clock and the angel - my suggestions would be to place the angel above the clock - then on either side of the clock a grouping of 3 stars maybe on one side then 2 on the other side. I think anything that you so with them, it will look great because of the style you have captured - can't wait to see results of your changes!
Colleen

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I think a nice prim sign and old window frame would look great. And the clock and angel would look great as accents on the wall. Or a nice saltbox house scene would look nice. I just see something big like a picture or window on there. I hope I could help. Good luck, I can't wait to see it!

Oh and I love all those stars!

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

I really love your clock and your angel on the wall. I think one thing that may be throwing off the look is that everything on your table beneath is almost the same size. A taller lamp on the left side would add some interest. and maybe put the woooden box with star on a stack of books to give a little more height and interest. On the wall itself, I would remove some of the stars from your little shelf and hang them in a pleasing arrangement on each side of the clock and angel. That shelf has enough to spare a few. I think that mixing the size of the stars will make a more pleasing look.
You could also add a piece of fabric to your table, if you like that look.
Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Rue said...

Hi Lisa :)

I love the idea of an old window frame too, but big enough for the angel to fit in.

Have fun with it and try out different things on the floor in front of it first. That way there is less mess with holes in the wall.

rue :)

Rue said...

Oh! Or a big wreath with the angel in the middle and you could change the wreath seasonally :)

Catty Wampus said...

Just stopped by; I like your blog and the fact that you have fur-people at your house too! I don't have any tips for you, but it sounds like these other ladies have got it handled! Nice to meet you:
Merrie

Mom2fur said...

I would get rid of the clock (I mean move it elsewhere). Then I'd get at least 3 more pieces for the table, one or two of medium height and one tall one. Groups of things always look nicer if you have an uneven number. Once you have your tall item, re-hang the angel a little bit above it, then surround her with 3-5 (depending on the size) varying sizes of stars.
You have some cute pieces, and a very nice blog!

Becky K. said...

How about going bold and painting that wall a cranberry color?

Becky K.

Susie Q said...

I thought about a bolder color too...and a wreath or an old window frame. Love what you have already though! I like the idea of a lamp in the table too.
I do love prinmitive. That was my soul look for a long time and I still love it. You have such a pretty home!

Love,
Sue