Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Best Concert I've Ever Been To....

Erica and I went to the big concert last night in KC. Got there early enough to park in a good spot and get to our seats before Uncle Kracker began. Thank goodness because so many tailgaters were partying long enough, a lot of them missed Uncle Kracker and Billy Currington due to the mayhem getting into the stadium. It was hot but not as nearly as hot as it had been in St. Louis a few days earlier. I was thankful we chose Kansas City instead!




Erica...her first really BIG concert. She said it was worth it. We got to see and smell LOTS of things, lol!!


Entering Arrowhead. My very first trip to Arrowhead. Hopefully it won't be my last...


I borrowed a smaller camera in case they wanted to confiscate my larger one...the rules ya know. The SandBar section was around the runway part of the stage. I need to save my dollars for that section next time!!


Uncle Kracker. He was GREAT!


He sang Kid Rock's "All Summer Long" and put me in the spirit immediately!!






Yep that's me, I had to get up off my feet for that one...notice the seating? A lot of people missed this part of the concert. Definitely their loss.


And oh baby, when I found out Billy Currington was in St. Louis I flipped. I thought for sure I made a big mistake by getting tickets in KC. Fortunately they were part of the venue too. Just not advertised when I got my tickets. He was greater...


and oh so cute! Bare feet and all.


Arrowhead filling up before Zac Brown Band. That many people and me in one place at the same time for the same thrilling reason was incredible!


I told Erica I bet ole Zac wears that stocking cap when he mows the grass. She thought maybe his wife does that job now.

This band was great too. Very entertaining and fun. The girl sitting in front of us said he has the most beautiful eyes. Couldn't see those from where we were sitting but I'll take her word for it!





The weather was hot, thankfully though, there was a breeze blowing. We drank tons of water. Unfortunately this guy drank TONS of Barley Pops. He was feeling no pain somewhere between Billy Currington and Kenny Chesney. I happen to start snapping these of him during the break waiting for Kenny.

Very Drunk Guy did a number of dances for our entertainment. Thankfully he was fully clothed. I wondered what he did for a living. He didn't have hard working hands. Not really muscular. So I figure a desk job plugging numbers into a computer maybe. Making enough money to spend at the places where he must have learned some of those dance moves...


The nice lady in the cowgirl hat is from Jeff City. Just down the road from me. She claimed she would NEVER spend this kinda money for this kinda entertainment ever again. Too many people and too many nitwits....very drunk guy did not impress her. Neither did her drunk sister. Who happened to find a handsome boyfriend sitting beside her at the concert. My friend watched their relationship progress to dancing, then pouting, then kissing, then possibly taking her to a hotel room if the sis' would let him, then he took her face in his hands and gently broke up with her during one of Kenny Chesney's great songs. He told her she was beautiful and was sure she was a nice girl, but he just couldn't....then he left. To go find the girl he came with to the concert. I'm sorry I missed all that. Sad thing is...that girl was my age...oh dear...her sis in the cowgirl hat says it happens quite frequently...



Very Drunk Guy doing his thang... It was amazing how many girls, who didn't even sit next to him or the guy in the red cap, wanted their picture taken with them. Oh the stories they will tell....



The curtain dropped as the roadies were setting up for Kenny...I love Kenny. My heart was racing. I was not about to make my way to the second level to use the restroom no matter how bad I had to pee. It just wasn't gonna happen. We mostly sweat out all of our water. But my bladder did quietly whisper..."maybe?" Nope, I didn't listen. I wasn't willing to take that chance. I love Kenny!



The jumbotron was just above us. So when Kenny was on the opposite side of the stage, it was like he was right in front of me. I love Kenny! That bald head...those arms...that smile has to sparkle so it can be seen in space smile...and that sexy bald head that I couldn't see....I love Kenny!


I only teared up when he sang "Anything But Mine" only a little. I love Kenny!


Kenny sang "She Thinks My Tractor is Sexy" as his encore song. THEN, the rest of the encore belonged to him and the Zac Brown Band. But before they started their first song together, he presented Zac with a huge Martini glass filled with a margarita and also presented him with his birthday cake. The whole crowd got to sing "Happy Birthday" to Zac Brown. It was amazing!! I love Kenny!


They sang several songs together. It was awesome to say the least. It seemed like we waited forever for this concert to get here. Ultimately we were there for 8 hours and it went by way to fast!! Oh to do it again this weekend!! I love Kenny!!! Until next time....


P.S. Have I ever told you just how much I love Kenny Chesney?????

1 comment:

Justabeachkat said...

Soooooooo jealous!

Hugs,
Kat