Monday, May 10, 2010

A Mother's Day Excursion Part 2

After all the ooing and awing we did at Strawberry Hill we cruised on over to Vintage Hill Farms. My husband's father was laid to rest not too far from this place. It's on a huge hill that is absolutely amazing. I'll take green mountains over snow covered mountains any day!! Vintage Hill definitely had some very unique items. The owners have a beautiful vintage home place too. Mom and I talked about how much fun (and work) it would be to have a place just like this. It took our breath away.


I'm not real crazy about the darker petunia, but had to think really hard when I saw it mixed with the lighter pink. It made both colors really pop. My pics just don't do it justice!

If only we had room in the car. A car that was already filled with several baskets.

The back of the owner's home place. Truly breathtaking!!!

A small lily pond in the back. Only to be independently wealthy with lots of books and a comfy chair...

Loved this one too.

When we saw these, we knew my hubby would enjoy this trip. He could watch the birds while we browse.

Gorgeous!

Pink and purple, two of my favorite colors!

I had to laugh when I saw this. It reminded me of having deer antlers hanging on the wall. I'd take this over that any day!!

Mom found a huge Christmas cactus type flower. And, it even matches her outfit!

I have a plant like this, but the leaves are not nearly as long. I need to work on that one.

Another birdcage with an interesting topper.


This was only a little bit of the pots they had there. Really cool things to plant your flowers.

ReyRey's live in girlfriend Callee must have some relation down in this here part of the woods. Had to be. This little err big girl ran right up to me like she knew me.

Lots of frog statues. Great ones too! Mom loved them!


A Wisteria to die for, makes me want to curl up in the little cubby area and take a nap!


Mom asked me to take a pic of the horse. I wish I had zoomed. This was taken as we were leaving the property.

The front of the home place. I love this place!!!!

The get to watch two of these big guys in the side yard too! There had to be some more animals behind the property too. We could hear some strange animals sounds while we were looking at the back of the property.
It was one of those trips I didn't want to end. As we were pulling out of the long drive way my mom said, "this was a great Mother's Day".
And that my friends, was my favorite part of the day!!
I love you Mom! May we find many more side trips to enjoy!!

4 comments:

Gayla said...

Lovely! I have always heard of this place, but I've never ventured there. Looks like a great day!

Sue said...

What a wonderful day you got to spend with your Mom....I'm hoping next year at this time I will be spending it with my daughter....Your mother by the way is very very pretty...she looks so young!!

D.O.S.A. said...

Looks like a cool place. The pots are interesting. Lately I have been wanting to take pictures of statues, and pots. I would have liked to have seen those colors in person.

Terri Steffes said...

That looks like fun! I have never been there but it looks like a place Ashley and I would love!