Sunday, August 2, 2009

We'll Miss You Roger!!


This has been a difficult week for us at MCC. We have lost two officers this week. Most of you probably understand what I mean when I say when you lose a wonderful person you work with it's like the world just needs to stand still for a day so we can catch up. We grow to appreciate each other probably even more than we appreciate our own family. We spend just as much time, if not more, together as we do our "other" loved ones. So when a coworker passes it effects all of us. I know my heart has a hole in it that cannot be filled. Only 48 years old, Officer Roger Mitchell passed away unexpectedly while preparing for work yesterday morning. He always gave me my "annual Christmas hug" at the Christmas Party every year. I'll think of you every Christmas Roger! You are already greatly missed!! May you rest in peace and I cannot wait to see you again...

9 comments:

Becky K. said...

Oh Lisa,

I am sorry. What a shock that must have been for everyone.
I'll be thinking of you!

Becky K.

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your friend and co-worker. Sending prayers for his family and also for you and everyone that loved him.

CatHerder said...

Oh my that is SO sad. Im sorry for your loss...makes you stand up and notice that life can change at any moment.

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

I am so sorry to hear of your friend and co-worker's passing. You are in my thoughts, Lisa.

Terri Steffes said...

Oh, Lisa, I am so sorry. I hadn't heard of his passing. I was in Wein this weekend and was thinking of you. Now I know why.

Domestic Designer said...

So sorry for your loss. I know that had to be such a shock. I will be thinking of you and your coworkers.

akawest said...

Lisa, I am so sorry that you lost such a wonderful friend and co worker.

A New England Girl said...

I'm so sorry for your loss! I just caught up on this post and wanted to send hugs and prayers your way. I hope you are feel a little bit better... I'm here if you ever need anything! :) xoxo.

Susie Q said...

I am os sorry Lisa..sending hugs and prayers for all who loved him. What a sweet smile he had...