Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voter Tuesday

Yes I voted. Late, but I voted. Our plan was to get out early as soon as the polls open. Plans change so we voted after work. This is the first time I really remember actually seeing "I Voted" stickers on just about everyone I came into contact with today. I am eagerly awaiting the results. Since our house is a split ticket it will be interesting to see what happens. A lot has changed in my own life in the past few years and I have changed my attitude tremendously on some issues. I knew from early on who I was leaning towards. The more I heard particular views on pending issues, the easier my decision became more concrete. Maybe it's age, maybe it's confidence or even ignorance, but I am choosing more and more to let people know why I disagree with them. I work to pay bills, to grow as a person, and to enjoy life. I'm tired of other people taking advantage of that!!


**********************************************************************

Now on to brighter topics. My friend Toni sent me more pictures last night. I have to share.



Don't you just want to throw down your blanket, lay down and read a book? I love this old barn. It's gorgeous!! I bet it has lots of stories!! Thanks Toni, I eagerly await new pictures!!!

8 comments:

Cannyfinds said...

Hi Lisa, thanks for coming over to join my giveaway. It raining here today, better than having snow. Im going to begin wrapping xmas pressies today and writing some cards. good luck in the draw...x

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Me too!

Love the photos too. He/she is a wonderful photographer!

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Those photos are wonderful, Lisa! Very talented photographer!

Catty Wampus said...

Hi Lisa; I agree with you completely on this post; and I agree with the comment you left on my post about picking up the dress in person; Now after we were done "visiting" Scotland, do you think they would ban us for life? LOL! I think we would really have WAY too much fun together there; poor Diane; she would have to put up with us :)

M Ayers said...

Wonderful pics, again - and great post. I too feel as I get older, and I am less inclined to worry about the status quo. Isn't that great about maturing? Remember as a teen having to almost think like everyone else? I'm glad you feel like you can disagree and stand up for whatever you believe in.

Stop on over, I have an award for ya!

Monique

Cannyfinds said...

Hi Lisa, guess Im going to have visitors if you and Merrie are coming over, Ill get the spare beds aired then ? And maybe make sure no dogs are napping on them ha ha!!

Susie Q said...

What a lovely place...beautiful photos!

Unknown said...

Love your blog, and especially the music.
congrats on winning from Simple...
I haven't been here before, but will return for sure.