Monday, March 16, 2009

Tis the Season...

I posted The Fishing Song on my blog today. I can relate. Not necessarily to fishing, but golf. Brad Paisley could change a few of the lyrics to make them apply to my hubby's favorite hobby. He has been chomping at the bit to get out there. And I like Brad Paisley, thinks if he could golf everyday he wouldn't even think about me. Other than I provide a home for him to live in. Food to eat. Air conditioning and heat. He provides cable. So if golf gets to that point, I hope he can see cable from his mom's house. heeheehee. 20 plus miles may make it difficult. She would be tickled pink though. Her every dream would be true. She would only need to learn the following drill. "Hi baby, did you do good?" "hmmmfph." "Was that yes?" "mumble, mumble, mumble." (usually this response is audible enough at some point where he will say he did okay, but could've done better)"Did you beat Dean? Did you beat Mr. G?" (usually he will some how say yes in HIS way, although there have been only a few times I've gotten a negative) "I fixed tacos for supper." After all this takes place and he eats supper he will need his 2.5 hour bath. She must allow time for him to nap while he bathes. So, if she needs to potty, she will have to make arrangements to do so. (this doesn't bother me, it's part of the price HE has to pay) Next she will need to give him time to meditate. This cannot be done during nap time. Just can't. Creates other issues if done at the same time. While he meditates, he imagines what he could do better to win more quarters. This could be a good thing. So he must meditate. Only he calls it "resting".

So, The Fishing Song is a great song. Most girls of sports oriented husbands, boyfriends, significant other can identify. I'm gonna miss him...



No comments: