Thursday, February 9, 2012

Everyone's Got Jokes

Since my promotion last summer, I have been settling in a little more and getting used to my new job.  Along with that comes new people to work with, even though I have known them for several years, I've gotten to know them better.  Their senses of humor is probably the most important characteristic.  So, that leads me to what happened this morning.

Routinely I attend morning meetings at 8am.  They can last anywhere from 15 minutes to over an hour.  So this morning once we were cleared to leave, I hit the door and headed to my office.  My secretary Susie, was headed out the door just as I was going in.  I do not find this unusual as we do a lot of running to and fro at times.  The Fire and Safety Office was in the office and said a quick hello and then he was gone. 

Then I walked into my office which is through another door in front of Susie's desk.  And I saw it.  Immediately confused because I am not a coffee drinker and could not recall anyone drinking any coffee in my office before I went to my meeting.  I looked at this in amazement.  A grotesque kind of amazement because I don't do coffee...this looked more like a caramel, hazelnut lighter concoction of something I did not really care to see.  I approached my desk and I believe I even said, "OH NO" thinking this coffee had ruined my desk calendar.  Immediately but yet in slow motion, I began to think frantically how I need to clean this.  I could hear voices in the background, but couldn't honestly tell you who...


Then I wanted to yell, "David spilled his coffee all over my desk!!!!!!!!!!!"  But I didn't.  I had the weirdest feeling about this strange looking coffee on my desk.  It was almost like being sucked into a coffee vacuum in space.  I couldn't figure it out.  It was just weird.  Then I touched it.  It was totally fake.    This is the man I wanted to blame:

This is David.  I just knew he was the culprit of spilling the coffee.   But would you look at this?  I mean really.  Who would have thought. I picked it up and had to laugh.  I knew it was still David.  It was a great way to start my morning.  It wasn't David.  He was just an accomplice.  David is always an accomplice.  Why didn't I think of that???

1 comment:

Justabeachkat said...

Hi sweet friend

I'm up early...way too early...but I'm having fun sipping on some coffee and FINALLY catching up on my blog reading.

Ha! Now that would have had me saying "oh no" too. So realistic looking.

Hugs,
Kat