Saturday, September 5, 2009

Callee in a Quandry

Sitting here yesterday evening pounding away at my computer I see a streak of lightning flash across my side yard. Actually, it wasn't lightning, it was Callee. Quickly followed by her tactless suitor. You remember, the one I told you about last week. The one I want to smack and scoop with my shovel. He chased her up a tree. Away I go to shoo him down, cause believe me, he was only a smidge behind her. Up she went and couldn't figure out how to get down. So I grabbed my camera and shot away coaxing her the whole time to come down. After 30 minutes, she kinda slid down the tree. It took awhile because she kept climbing higher instead of lower. The neighbor had two little bitty girls visiting and they got caught up in the drama with squeals of concern. Callee didn't much care for the squeals of concern, so I ignored her for a bit in hopes that would entice her. That mean old silver cat is gonna get it yet!!!








No, this wasn't the way down. This was Callee tempting fate. Only it didn't work. Chicken cat she became and hiked it up a few more branches. This is the second tree I've pleaded her out of because of that old silverhaired Tom. It's no wonder she likes me, we fight the force together...

5 comments:

Domestic Designer said...

Oh my what a cute kitty. I uses to have a cat that looked just like her named Patches. Have a great weekend!

CatHerder said...

awwwwwwwww!

Blasé said...

I wish I could have been there with you, sweet Lisa!

I have a way with pussycats. Callee would have been in my arms before you could say "in my Chevy Van"!

Justabeachkat said...

Bless her cute little heart! Great pics.

Hugs!
Kat

Sue said...

It seems the male gender in any species are all alike....You might like our new blog....me and daughter...if your husband has ever done anything dumb this blog is for you.....And it's interactive..You can send your stories in and have them posted....the blog is
www.stupidthingshusbandsdo.blogspot.com
and to submit a stupid story...
stupidthingshusbandsdo@gmail.com