Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Me and Cousin Joel

Howdy folks. We took a long weekend and headed to St. Louis to watch the All Star Game festivities. This is me and my cousin Joel right before the Home Run Derby. Joel has been double lucky in the past two weeks. First, he's on summer break from MU, that alone is a bonus. However, one evening after work he was messing around on the computer and thought he'd put his name in for the Michael Jackson Memorial Lottery. He's such a young pup, I'm not sure how much he even knows MJs music. Guess what, he won. Unfortunately he couldn't make the trip to Los Angeles, but just to know he won was awesome. Next, he gets to attend some of the All Star festivities too. He and his sister Abby went to the All Star Futures Game on Sunday evening after all the rain. They sat in center field when a Futures Star hit a home run. Joel caught it on the fly with his bare hand. They are sending him a certificate to be an Honorary Outfielder. He was even on ESPN. You can catch him on the ESPN website for Sunday's game. It was during the 3rd inning when Joel got in on the action!! I'll try to post the link later.
As for us, the weekend was hugely busy! We had an opportunity of a lifetime and could not pass it up. Brent thought we should go even if I had to sell my new car. It was worth it and we had an absolute blast. Thanks to family being in the area it made it that much more special. I'll post more later in the next couple of days. I have well over 300 photos to pilfer through. I'll also be catching up with everyone too. Happy to be home, but sooooo very, very tired!!!

12 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Lots of excitment in your life!

Hugs!
Kat

akawest said...

No, you must not work, nor sleep, until the link is posted. Even the non baseball fans want to see him in action.

BTW, you look very pretty in that picture, Lisa.

Gayla said...

It looks like so much fun.. You look beautiful as always... I cannot wait for the pictures!!! Hugs..

Domestic Designer said...

Sounds like great fun. Hubby and I watched the game. All of his family live in and around St. Louis so he enjoyed seeing some familiar sites on TV. Look forward to the pictures you share. :-)

Becky K. said...

What a very lovely photo of the two of you.

You look so happy!

Becky K.

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Welcome home! Sounds like a really wonderful trip. And that is so amazing that one person could have so much luck! Good for him!
Such a cute photo of both of you.
Enjoy the rest of your week!

Farmchick said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Lucky cousin you have there. :) Hope you can stop over soon!

A New England Girl said...

Sounds like a fantastic trip!! I'm so glad you got to spend some time with family. :) But I am glad to see you're back, too- I was wondering where you'd run off to!!!

I am going to have to keep an eye out for your cousin on the ESPN website. That's so neat! :)

Helen said...

Wow! What an extraordinary story. Joe did something most mere mortals never have a chance to do - make a great catch in a professional ballpark. I had several family members and friends in the stands for the Game ... I know how much you must have enjoyed St. Louis!

Terri Steffes said...

Good gravy, how cool! Bob will love the link, post it as soon as you can (now) and let us know it is up!

Your cousin is one lucky (and sweet) dude.

Sue said...

I hope cousin Joel purchased a Lottery ticket!!

Blasé said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful time. Welcome back!