Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Question of the Day

This morning on the way to work me and my deaf/mute husband were listening to some country radio station with the question of the day. It was: What is every great guys quality he seeks in a woman? I ask my husband who responds with a "huh, I didn't hear that." So I repeat the question, "what is every great guys quality he seeks in a woman?" Hubby responds with an "dunno". "you have to know something," so I ask again.

He shrugs.

I ask, "big lips?" He gives me the questionable looks and says, "no, men don't really get into big lips." I say, "REALLY? Then I get the you-don't-know-anything-look.


So I offer, "a great laugh?" Thinking sense of humor has to be a priority. He shakes his head, "no, maybe sense of humor." "Maybe, no, yeah, maybe, I dunno." By now I'm getting bored. AND thinking he couldn't possibly believe that sense of humor would NOT be at the top of the list.

Continuing, I go on, if he's a great guy then he had to have some top quality when searching for a woman. Meaning me back in the day. He takes a minute to think. He says, "well I dunno, but it would probably be..."

Are you ready for this?

Apparently I was not...

He finally answers my question by stating, "white."

Therein lies the answer to all of our marital issues.

I am overqualified.


Oh, and if you are curious about the answer to this question, it was Lustrous Hair. Yes, the answer was Lustrous Hair.

It's no wonder men get so tangled...

1 comment:

Helen said...

Love your post, Ms. Missouri!